According to Statista, digital reach in the United States is at over 83%. With video viewership like this, you need to make sure your video both stands out and increases your audience engagement. The easiest way to maximize your video’s reach is by featuring it in multiple places. Here are some next steps you can take to help the right audience see your video.
1. Organic posting: Upload your video organically to your social media profiles. On Instagram, the length of your video will dictate if it will go under the main feed, Reels or IGTV. Keep in mind that these are filed in different places on Instagram, so make sure that your main feed has a reference to the Reel or IGTV post, like a still image or a shortened version.
2. Cross-referencing: You can also upload the video to a video sharing site like Vimeo or YouTube and make an organic post directing traffic to your profile there. This will have the double effect of growing audience numbers on those profiles as well.
3. Boosting: Create a Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or LinkedIn ad account and create your video as an ad. You’ll choose spend amount and duration, and your video will be pushed to the audience of your choice.
4. Embedding: Most importantly, embed your video on your website. Again, you’ll need a profile on a video sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo. Having it autoplay on the home page will lend an air of dynamism to your website. If you have several videos, choose the pages that make the most sense for them to be. If you have a “Welcome” video, put that on the home page. If you have an “About Us” video, put it on that page!
5. Signature: Sign off your emails with the video embedded into your signature (from YouTube or Vimeo). Every email you send is another chance for another view. You are offering your contacts a chance to watch and learn more about you on their own terms.
With so many ways to reach your audience, it's important to lean into the ones netting the highest return. Video has never been more popular.
Do you have a project vision in mind that you want realized? Give us a call.