Job category: Design, Media & Creative
Position type: Internship towards full time employment
Job region/location: Sherwood Park, AB
Working conditions: Studio
Please note: Applicant must be a full time student returning to study.
Iconium Media creates responsive media which results in engagement and transformation.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Junior Media Creative works in an often fast paced environment and the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click”. They cooperate with a media and design-savvy team to create compelling imagery. The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
• Generate and develop clear ideas and concepts collaboratively with the creative team
• Design and create visually strong and engaging visuals as requested
• Assist in film and photography as required
• Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
• Present completed ideas to clients/team members
Education and Experience:
• Developing a proficient use of videography, film, photography, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools as well as film editing tools such as Premiere and Final Cut
• Working towards demonstrable visual imagery skills with a strong portfolio
• Working towards a degree (or working on a degree) in Communications, Film, or Media
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Able to work independently and within a team. Tasks will not always be assigned in a clear, documented manner. The purpose of this is to equip and teach this role to exercise the ability to become a self-starter in a collaborative environment
• Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
• Contemporary technical skills and troubleshooting abilities
• A professional approach and demeanour
• Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
• Creative input aptitude and decision-making skills
• Learning an in-depth knowledge of computer software packages relevant to graphic design and video production (experience with Final Cut Studio, Photoshop and InDesign preferred)
• During the summer program, the student is expected to provide their own laptop
Internship Supervision & Mentorship:
The Junior Media Creative will work in an open-area and a collaborative environment where goals and plans for each day are reviewed. The student then executes the plan and receives help when needed. The owner/CEO mentors the employee by defining growth goals, which are reviewed weekly to prepare them for a full time position.
The intern will be taught how to work independently in a collaborative environment and how to receive assistance from team members. The goal is to help the designer grow to become a self-managing creative employee in an environment of accountability. They will learn how to work on time, and on budget for billable projects, how to receive feedback and when to get assistance. The goal is to have them grow from needing dictation of each task, to understanding what tasks are needed to be completed in a project area that is assigned to them. The employee is encouraged to create a draft mentorship plan, outlining the goals they wish to learn during their practicum. This plan should have measurable goals that will be reviewed. It is the employee’s responsibility to book regular bi-weekly meetings to propose mentorship thoughts and questions and discuss their development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com along with your answers to these questions:
• What is something special you would bring to Iconium Media?
• What inspires your creativity?
Note: Iconium Media develops all content through transmedia storytelling, a technique of telling a single story or story experience across multiple platforms and formats using current digital technologies.